At a press event today, Samsung unveiled its 2013 lineup of Smart TVs. The new F7500 and F8000 models aim to make it easier for consumers to search for and consume digital content in their living rooms. Both models feature a redesigned Samsung Smart Hub, quad core CPUs, as well as the ability to interact with the TV through both motion gestures and voice control.
Also on display was the Samsung S9 UHD TV, which is the largest screen in home entertainment. The stylish floor-standing TV clocks in with an 85″ screen, and feature 3-way 2.2 channels of 120 watt sound built into the TV’s elaborate and artistic stand. But don’t get too excited just yet – the S9 currently has a pre-booking price of AED 139,999!
PRESS RELEASE: DUBAI, UAE – April 15, 2013 – Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd, a global leader in digital media and digital convergence technologies, today launched its 2013 Samsung Smart TV lineup that continues to push the boundaries of technology, with larger screen sizes and superior picture quality. The new F7500 and F8000 LED TVs are set to simplify how consumers search for and discover their preferred content, while raising the bar in picture quality, allowing them to enjoy a seamless, integrated and immersive entertainment experience.
Commenting on the launch, Vinod Nair, General Manager TV Business, Samsung Gulf Electronics, said: “With the launch of our new range of SMART TVs in the Gulf, we are bringing a more immersive and intuitive TV experience to our consumers in the region, and continuing our commitment to introduce technology that not only enriches, but simplifies consumers’ lives. The F7500 and F8000 LED TVs offer more intuitive features, endless connectivity and content options, and larger screen sizes with true-to-life picture quality. Consumers can now enjoy the ultimate home entertainment experience, richer and easier than ever before.”
The 2013 Smart TV lineup represents Samsung’s sixth generation of Smart TVs. Highlights of the 2013 features include:
· A redesigned Samsung Smart Hub that offers five dynamic menu panels to help consumers manage and navigate different types of content.
· Outstanding picture quality across the 2013 lines. Samsung’s new TVs offer brighter, more vibrant color.
· Smart Evolution Kit gives owners of flagship 2012 Samsung TVs the opportunity to update their models with some of the latest features from 2013 without having to buy a new set.
· A quad-core CPU enables quick app launching, web browsing and multi-tasking.
· Smart View lets consumers move content seamlessly from the TV to connected devices and back in real-time, so consumers never miss a moment of their favorite shows using AllShare.
· Advanced Smart Interaction allows consumers to use everyday language and casual gestures to control the TV.
Personalized viewing content
Samsung’s redesigned Smart Hub makes it easier for consumers to discover content. The easy-to-navigate interface enables content to be managed from one central location and organizes it into five dynamic panels. These panels include:
· On TV – shows the channel that is currently playing as well as the most relevant, personalized suggestions that may be airing shortly based on consumer viewing habits
· Movies & TV Shows – an easy view of movies and TV services and over-the-top content that are available from various content providers. Content is recommended based on the consumer’s viewing habits
· Photos, Videos & Music – allows consumers to organize personal content and files on Samsung Smart TVs and other linked devices
· Social – highlights user-created content from friends and family, popular videos from Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and video call services
· Apps – organizes downloaded Samsung Apps and recommendations for easy access
The F8000 series comes in size classes ranging from 46-inch to 75-inch models and the F7500 series, which is available in 46-inch, 55-inch and 60-inch models. The F series offers cutting-edge technologies that deliver more vibrant and richer colors, higher contrasts and a brighter picture quality than ever before. In addition to the Micro Dimming Ultimate technology, a slim bezel and a quad-core processor lets users toggle between apps, online services and on-air TV quickly and easily without missing a moment of their favorite entertainment.
Samsung’s new Smart TVs are now available in all major electronics stores across the UAE and prices start from AED 5,099 up to AED 12,999.
UHD TV – The Highest Resolution on the Largest Screen
Samsung’s is also launching the S9 UHD TV, which represents the largest screen in home entertainment viewing with brilliant picture quality in ultra-HD resolution. The S9 comes complete with features to ensure the best picture quality possible regardless of video source. Samsung’s proprietary up-scaling engine can up-convert HD or Full-HD to UHD-level picture quality by restoring detail information to create greater precision and real-life picture quality.
With Samsung’s Precision Black Pro technology, the S9 delivers deep, real blacks as well as pure vivacious whites. It combines an extremely high contrast ratio and Ultimate Dimming control functionality – which utilizes hundreds blocks of LEDs and precise BLU control – to deliver sharp resolutions previously unseen on large format displays.
In addition to picture quality, the S9 combines a powerful sound system with a fast quad-core processor to ensure a premium experience and true multitasking capabilities between content and apps. The S9 comes with 3-way 2.2 channels of 120 watt sound for an audio experience six times better than a typical TV. This system provides a dynamic range of sounds in a commanding and outstanding experience to complement the UHD picture.
The S9 UHD TV is available for pre-booking at a price of AED 139,999.