Apple has released the 10.9.1 update to OS X Mavericks today with a focus on fixing issues with the Mail client- particularly if you are using it with Gmail. The following is a list of fixes that Apple has issued with this update
- Improved support for Gmail in OS X Mail, and fixes for users with custom Gmail settings
- Improves the reliability of Smart Mailboxes and search in Mail
- Fixes an issue that prevented contact groups from working properly in Mail
- Resolves an issue that prevented VoiceOver from speaking sentences that contain emoji
- Updates Shared Links periodically when open in the Safari Sidebar
Sadly the Wi-Fi bug affecting many owners of MacBook Pro (including myself) has not been addressed in this update. The issue that causes varying ping times and loss of connectivity when connected to a Wi-Fi Network has been raised by many MacBook Pro owners. and is being actively discussed on Apple forums.
The update for Mavericks can be downloaded from the Mac App Store.